Visiting Time

My short story, When Mamma Comes to Visit, was just picked up by Grim Corps Magazine, a new speculative/dark/horror fiction magazine (print and epub).

Mamma is one of those classic tales of a very bad relationship with a very dead relative. I wrote it in January of this year, and went through a touch-up re-write after each rejection (seven altogether), taking the many editorial remarks to heart.

It's also a story that continues the Mill Town world which is the focus of Killing Wallace Crawton (coming January 2013 from Morpheus Tales) and The Downstairs Man. Mill Town is a blend of the many places I've lived, but I don't think I've ever come across anyone like Allison and Stanley, the odd brother-sister pair who deal with their mother in very different ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zombies? What Zombies?